Thursday, May 12, 2011

The Longest Journey

Well we finally made it to germany after a lovely nine or so hour flight, and we are all exhausted with about two or three hours of sleep, but we have done good for the flight. We get off and strech our legs, and I have to say that the airport in Germany had a odd and poopish smell to it, which kind of took the excitement out of the fact that I was finally in another country besides America. Not long after that I went and got $40 exchanged which I only got back about 22 Euros... but then we went on a short train ride into the city of Frankfurt and got experience alot of new things! The class mates and I went off on a walk to a river which was beautiful and to a small area that had shops all around. We ended up stopping to get food and my first German beer, which I sadly cannot remember the name of the beer. I like it a first, but as time went by I had to give it to one of the guys that went with me. Soon afterwords, we went walking around trying to find souvineers, but came up empty. Me and some other students found a starbucks for us to use the wifi, and tell our parents and loved ones that we were safe in Germany. I was suprised to see how nice the place was and how it felt different from America. In Germany, it seems that not everything has to be a rush and you can just slow down to enjoy your day, which is kind of nice. However, there were some crazy drivers in that town as well!
We had to soon walk back to the train station to go and get ready for our next trip to Namibia Africa!

No comments:

Post a Comment